Presented new research in collaboration with the Boston University School of Public Health at the Massachusetts Coalition for the Homeless Legislative Action Day.
https://childrenshealthwatch.org/wp-content/uploads/HealthyHousing.jpg 274 400 admin https://childrenshealthwatch.org/wp-content/uploads/CHW-25-anniversary-full-color_small.png admin2014-02-28 00:00:002017-08-11 13:48:54Housing Status and Health: A Health Impact Assessment of the Massachusetts Rental Voucher Program
Housing Status and Health: A Health Impact Assessment of the Massachusetts Rental Voucher Program
On February 27th, the Massachusetts Coalition for the Homeless held its Legislative Action Day at the State House. Children’s HealthWatch Principal Investigator, Dr. Megan Sandel presented new research in collaboration with the Boston University School of Public Health – “Housing Status and Health: A Health Impact Assessment of the Massachusetts Rental Voucher Program”
- State Representative Jim O’Day, House Chair of the Joint Committee on Elder Affairs and Sponsor of Legislative Action Day
- State Senator Jamie Eldridge, Senate Chair of the Joint Committee on Housing
- State Representative Gloria Fox, Member of the House Committee on Ways and Means and the Joint Committee on Housing
- Dr. Eric Belsky, Managing Director, Joint Center for Housing Studies of Harvard University. Eric will speak on the Center’s new report, “America’s Rental Housing“. Read more about Dr. Belsky’s work here.
- Dr. Megan Sandel, Principal Investigator, Children’s HealthWatch. Check out this recent blog post from Children’s HealthWatch on “The Housing Vaccine for Homeless Families: It’s Time to Do What Works”.
- Liz Rogers, Executive Director, Massachusetts Interagency Council on Housing and Homelessness and Co-Chair of the Identification and Connection Working Group of the Massachusetts Special Commission on Unaccompanied Homeless Youth